COOK TIME: 1HR. 40MINS.
• 1 can red beans 28 oz.
• 2 medium carrots, diced (organic)
• 1 plantain, diced (organic)
• 2 tbsp. sazon Goya
• 2 tbsp. sofrito (red)
• Dash of salt
• Dash of pepper
• Dash of Hogado (optional)
• 1 cup of vegetable broth (organic)
• ½ small onion, diced or whole (organic)
• 2 stalks green onions, finely chopped (organic)
• ¼ cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped (organic)
• 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil (organic)
• 5 cloves garlic, diced (organic) – if you’re not a garlic fan use less
• ½ green or red pepper, diced or whole (organic)
1. Put extra virgin olive oil in pot
2. Place garlic, onion, green or red pepper in oil and start to warm on mid-low
3. Add veggie broth
4. Pour whole can of beans in pot. (stir)
5. Stir in garlic and cook for an additional minute.
6. Add carrots, plantain, sazon , sofirto, cilantro, pepper and salt
7. If you like your beans more soupy, add more veggie broth or water
8. Cover again and cook on med-high for 15-20 mins.
9. While beans are cooking start making rice (follow directions on rice package for correct measurements).
10. Once the beans are done add the hogado and taste
11. Serve with brown or jasmine white rice (Jasmine rice is not stripped of its nutrients as normal white rice is)