Cook time: 2 to 3 hours
Servings: 6 -8
Authentic Italian Pasta Sauce with Organic ingredients
- 1 can 28 oz. crushed tomatoes (organic)
- 2 cans 14.5 oz. diced tomatoes (seasoned with basil, garlic and oregano)(organic)
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste (organic)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (organic)
- 1 medium onion, diced (organic)
- 8 cloves of fresh garlic (or more to taste), finely minced (organic)
- 1/3 cup fresh basil leaves, finely chopped (organic)
- 1 sprig of fresh thyme leaves (or 1/2 tsp dried) (organic)
- 1 sprig of fresh oregano (or 1 teaspoon dried oregano) (organic)
- 2 bay leaves (remove when done) (organic)
- 2 sprigs of parsley (or 1 tsp dried) (organic)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 carrot (1/2 should be grated and added to sauce, the other half should be added at the end of cooking and then removed) (organic)
- Pour the olive oil into a large stockpot over medium heat.
- Add diced onions, garlic and grated carrots.
- Sauté for 6-8 minutes or until onions are translucent and tender.
- Add tomatoes, chopped basil leaves, oregano, thyme bay leaves, parsley and sea salt.
- Add carrot piece for the last 30 minutes to absorb acidity.
- Remove sprigs of herbs and piece of carrot.
- Use fresh or store in the fridge up to 1 week, or can it according to your canner’s instructions for tomato products.